Friday: The Game Friday: The Game

Oh my fucking god. This was hilarious.

This made me think for a while. Cleaning the dress was the most difficult part of the game, but it was doable nonetheless.

PROS:
- Hilarious. +2
- Two endings, both hilarious. +3
- Cool 8-bit graphics +3
- Cool Chiptunes +2
- I can kill Rebecca Black in a lot of ways! +Infinity plus one

CONS:
- Took me 1:30 to figure out how to clean the fucking dress, -1
- Random -1
- Rebecca Black is ugly as hell.
- Has a photo of Justin Bieber, and I can't burn it. -9000

Also, "The spoon grows arms and legs and start dancing. No, not really". Made me laugh for a straight 6 minutes, and I'm still chuckling.

Manly-Chicken responds:

Ha, first person to mention that!

DJManiax DJManiax

Best rhythm game ever.

This is, without any doubt the best rhythm game I've ever played in my 15 years of pathetic existence.

Why? Let's start with one word: innovation. I'm tired of games that are simple Guitar Hero/DDR/Generally unoriginal copies. Some are copies of other copies.

DJManiax, however, thinks outside the box. It brings me an style I've never played like in my life. I've never played a game like this. Which is good.

Let's continue with the gameplay. 2 gameplay modes increase your score. And, like I said before, it's original. It's also very easy to understand (warning: Do not play on mouse). Also, the fact that the laser line moves according to the tempo of the songs is neat. Which brings us to...

Music. The best part about the game is the music. Although some songs are a bit cheesy, they are very, very catchy. And guess what. 20 of 'em. Neat, huh? And covers diverse genres. Nice. Only complain is that the vocalist of Breath Beneath needs to be punched in the face. 65% of the song Anticipate is uncomprehensible screams. But it's catchy. And the background art is-

Wait, did I mentioned the backgrounds? No? Yeah. Each song is a world full of techno/gabber/chiptune/drum 'n' bass/orchestral beats. Background art is sweet. Personal favorites are Seven Circles, Isabel, Epileptic Crisis and Monotune -Respect-.

Conclusion: This game is definitely in my favorites. It's addictive, creative, has catchy songs. Kudos for TaroNuke and Koizumi for a) existing and b) Creating this game.

TL;DR: This game is awesome. You lazy bastard.

TaroNuke responds:

Someone who appreciates gabber? what is this I don't even

Have Faith Have Faith

MY GOD MY EARS ARE BLEEDING.

I can't really give this game stars because it doesn't deserve any. This game is one of those jokes one can't give constructive critique because there is NOTHING to give critique about.

I will start with the music. I want to clear everything: I don't like to be ear raped. The music is exactly that: Ear rape in a box. As I hate ear rape, I just turned it off.
Damn, that was traumatizing.

Next I will say that the point of the game is HORRIBLE: I mean, I see no philosophical or fun meaning to it. I just tough like "WTF?".

On the last part, I will say that I was more entertained in writing this review than playing this game.

P.S.: Not to offend, but uninstall flash, now.

SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2 SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2

Perfecto. Magnifico.

Ten things I learnt from this game:

1. It's possible to hit arrows while a pressing a hold command.
2. If the lead is repetitive, sync it to the rhythm after a while.
3. One puts the theme song as the last unlockable.
4. It's possible to hit a hold command while pressing ANOTHER hold command.
5. One puts the unloackble songs dumbed down at amateur, and show their real sync at pro.
6. Beyond "Easy" and "Hard" there goes "Crazy" and "Insane"
7. Some songs are easier at the first two commands (yeah, hate you Run N' Gun)
8. Heavier notes are double commands.
9. It's possible to hit an arrow and a hold command an the same time.
10. Shinki is great.

P.S.: I hate you, Run N' Gun.

And there are your 10 points.

PixEvo - The Fountain PixEvo - The Fountain

I hated this game.

I hated this game. Hated the pixel perfect jumps. Hated the fact that if you miss one, you start over.

This game is frustratingly hard, and that's one of the reasons I hated it. You miss one jump, you have to go back up there again. Which, early on occurs a lot, and there is no second chance for a 1st impression.

The music is another trouble. I hated, hated, HATED the fact there is only THREE songs, and one of them just loops through the entire game. Heck, if they were good, no prob, but since they are crap...

The graphics are crap as well. Sure, I get the Atari theme, but atari games had BETTER and more COLORFUL graphics, not just BLACK and WHITE.

Also, the ending sucks. Seriously, all my work for nothing, just a few lines of lame attempt at storytelling? Lame.

Conclusion: THis game needs a SERIOUS gameplay, music, story and platoforming revamp. Lame.

- CoolioBeat - - CoolioBeat -

Quite a nice game you've got.

This game is good. Let's make this as short as I can. Good. One word describes this game. GOOD. Well, not great (9) or excellent (10).

This game is original. Unlike so many games out there, this is not a copy of Dance Dance Revolution or Guitar Hero. This feels like a piano, to be honest.

Also, nice selection of music.

My complaints:

1. This game is TOO easy.
2. This game has a strange key mapping. (SDF instead od ASD? I'll pass).

Overall: Thumbs up for you, Coolio.

Letz Maek A Flash Gaem Letz Maek A Flash Gaem

Somehow, it's fun. Not sure how, but it is.

I don't really know why I liked this game. Making a Flash game for people with short attention spans? That's the way I get this game.

Also, it's funny. Especially the art part, which made me roll on the floor laughing, nearly dying of laughter.

The music part killed my carpial tunel (Thank you very much!)(<--Sarcasm) but scored high. The code part was WAY too easy and not funny.

But, somehow, I don't know, I loved this game. Why? I don't know. But I loved it. And therefore I give it 4 stars, I mean, 10/10.

Well done!

Manly-Chicken responds:

This game is fun because I made it.

Epic Combo! Epic Combo!

Needs more variety.

Well, let's start with the graphics. The animations were nice, and that close-up before a hammer strike was epic. And the rotating of the shells was realistic. But there is no background and too little detail.

The gameplay... Needs a big difficulty revamp. After a few rounds, and no rocket science involved, you can just strike and check something else until you have as far as a 70,000,000 combo until you hit the manual timeout. And the cherry on the cake, the combo meter can raise as fast ast 2000 per second.

The music is just the same annoying loop. There is not mute button. You could use a few more songs.

Overall, it is innovative, but it needs more difficulty, more detail and more songs.

Heart of Ice Heart of Ice

Awesome game.

This game is marvelous.

The graphics are very detailed, suit very well to the general athmosphere. Specially, the animations are a honorable mention. They are very fluent. They have the exact quantity of frames.

The music... oh my. Where I start? The cave music. whioch gives you a "chill" feeling? The rapid orchestal/techno tune at Tim? The catchy Ishmael tune? The epic The Watcher theme?

Talkin' about bosses... Epic. They are very challenging, and demand all your ability, reflexes and timing. And they seem neat. (Ishmael comes to mind).

Overall, nice game. To my favorites.

Dynamic Systems 2 Dynamic Systems 2

Nice one, but with a major flaw.

This game is nice; had good music and has good graphics, with tons of details.

However, it suffers from the fact that it's not non-engineer friendly.

Otherwise, great game.